Dutch Socialist Party puts gold questions to treasury secretary
1a HKT Monday, September 19, 2011
Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:
The Netherlands libertarian blog Vrijspreker reported Sunday that the Dutch Socialist Party, with has 15 seats in the Netherlands Parliament, has put to the country's treasury secretary 10 impertinent questions about gold along the lines of the questions GATA has sought to put to Western central banks.
The questions are:
1) Did the Dutch Central Bank loan part of its gold? If yes, how much and to whom?
2) Why are gold and gold loans stated as one line item in the annual report 2010 instead of mentioned as two separate items?
3) Can you give an overview of the yearly yields of the gold loans during the past years?
4) Where is the physical gold of DNB? At which locations and how much is where?
What is the reason that the gold is still at these locations?
5) What was the most important reason for DSB to sell gold in the past? Are the storage costs a reason?
... Dispatch continues below ...
Zacks Starts Coverage of Golden Phoenix with 'Outperform' Rating
Friday, September 9, 2011
SPARKS, Nevada -- Golden Phoenix Minerals Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: GPXM) announced today that Zacks Investment Research has initiated coverage of the company with a comprehensive report giving a rating of "outperform."
The Zacks report provides information about the company's business model, its royalty mining growth strategy, recent acquisitions, drilling plans, and gold production. The report is available at the Golden Phoenix Internet site here:
Golden Phoenix Minerals Inc. is a Nevada-based mining company whose focus is royalty mining in the Americas. Golden Phoenix is committed to delivering shareholder value by identifying, acquiring, developing, and joint-venturing gold, silver, and strategic metal deposits. Golden Phoenix owns, has an interest in, or has entered agreements with respect to mineral properties in the United States, Canada, Panama, and Peru, including the company's 30 percent interest in the Mineral Ridge gold project near Silver Peak, Nevada.
Please visit the Golden Phoenix Internet site here:
For the company's full announcement of the coverage by Zacks, please visit:
6) What are the actual costs to store the gold? Can you confirm that since 1991 of the 1700 tons of gold about 1,100 tons have been sold? Is the remark of journalist Peter de Waard correct that because of these historic sales there is a loss of about 30 billion euros? If not correct, what is the right amount?
7) How much of the national debt during the past 20 years has been paid off with the proceeds of the gold sales? Are you of opinion that the sustainability of the national debt will be improved by paying off the debt and at the same time selling the gold?
8) What is in your opinion the present function of the gold stock?
9) What is the relation between the size of the market of the gold stock and the size of the market of gold derivatives? What are the possible consequences of this?
10) Can you confirm that recently a number of countries have even enlarged their physical gold stock? Do you have an explanation for this development?
You can find the questions in both Dutch and English here:
We hope that someone will alert us if the Dutch treasury secretary replies.
CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.
* * *
The Silver Summit
Thursday-Friday, October 20-21, 2011
Davenport Hotel, Spokane, Washington
New Orleans Investment Conference
Wednesday-Saturday, October 26-29, 2011
Hilton New Orelans Riverside Hotel
Support GATA by purchasing gold and silver commemorative coins:
Or by purchasing a colorful GATA T-shirt:
Or a colorful poster of GATA's full-page ad in The Wall Street Journal on January 31, 2009:
Or a video disc of GATA's 2005 Gold Rush 21 conference in the Yukon:
Help keep GATA going
GATA is a civil rights and educational organization based in the United States and tax-exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Its e-mail dispatches are free, and you can subscribe at:
To contribute to GATA, please visit:
Prophecy Platinum Drills 49.5 Meters Grading 1.27 g/t PGM+Au at Yukon Wellgreen Project
Company Press Release
August 22, 2011
Prophecy Platinum Corp. (TSX-V: NKL, OTC-QX: PNIKF, Frankfurt: P94P) announces results from its 2011 drilling program for its first completed hole on the Wellgreen Project in the Yukon Territory, Canada.
Borehole WS11-184 encountered 472.6 meters of mineralization grading 0.43% nickel equivalent from surface to the footwall contact. Within this larger swath of mineralization the hole encountered 49.5 meters of 1.27 grams per ton platinum group metals plus gold, 0.71% nickel, and 0.45% copper (or 1.11% nickel equivalent).
The geology transitioned from blebby disseminated to net-textured to massive sulphide approaching the footwall contact grading 6.3% nickel, 1.7% copper, 2.7 grams per ton platinum, 1.6 grams per ton palladium, 0.17 grams per ton gold, and 3.4 grams per ton silver. The drilling zones and results are tabulated here, with more information: